Sometimes ultrasound is more effective than x-ray to visualize internal organs and soft tissues. Our veterinarians can use our in-house ultrasound machine to assist in the diagnosis of many internal diseases. This includes:
- Imaging the bladder for a safer collection of urine by cystocentesis (with a needle).
- FAST scans of emergency patients for life-threatening internal bleeding or fluid buildup.
- Urinary tract ultrasounds to assess for bladder stones, bladder masses or kidney disease.
- Abdominal ultrasounds in cases of suspect cancer
- Assessment of the gastrointestinal tract in cases of suspect foreign body ingestion or intestinal blockage.