COVID-19 CURRENT PROTOCOLS
Updated Sept 16, 2020
THANK YOU TO OUR LOYAL PATIENTS AND CLIENTS
We want to thank you for supporting us and our protocols through this difficult time. We assure you that we are staying current with the changes in this pandemic, and we continue to adhere to protocols recommended to us by our veterinary organizations, and local health officials.
Our veterinary hospital poses many challenges that are unique from a retail store or restaurant. For these reasons we have decided to continue to restrict access to our hospital to staff only. Factors that we must take into consideration include:
-Social distancing of our staff and clients.
-Time and staff necessary for disinfection procedures.
-Space necessary to provide proper distancing in our lobby.
-Equipment and supplies necessary to provide physical barriers.
-High traffic with clients picking up food and medication through waiting areas
-Small examination rooms where social distancing is impossible
-Requirement for closed doors and confined spaces to keep pets safe during exams
-Prolonged close contact required for holding animals while they are examined.
CURRENT PROCEDURE FOR APPOINTMENTS
- TELEMEDICINE: We continue to offer telemedicine appointments for appointments that may not require an in-clinic visit. This is an excellent way to get a one-on-one video conference with the doctor from the comfort of your home. The doctor can view your pets on video and/or view pictures that are sent in advance. Any medications can be prepared for contactless pickup. There is a reduced fee for telemedicine appointments, and if the veterinarian decides that your pet needs to be seen, you will only pay the difference between the telemedicine exam and in-clinic exam.
- Send any relevant pictures to [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment if possible.
- Fill out the online Gateway Pre-Appointment Form if possible.
- For telephone consultations, please ensure that we have the correct phone number to contact you at, and ensure you are available at the scheduled time of the appointment. Be aware that telemedicine appointments may run behind schedule. The caller ID for your telemedicine call may say “private number”.
- For video conferences, please ensure that you have the ZOOM ap downloaded on your phone or device prior to the appointment. You do not need to sign up for an account. When the video launches, you will see a pop-up that will prompt you to “join with online audio” or similar. Please select YES. Once your video conference is launched, you may click the video icon to start the video.
- CURBSIDE DROP OFF APPOINTMENTS:
- 2 days prior to your appointment, you will receive an email with a link to our Mandatory Checklist for Appointments and our Patient Health Information Form.
- On arrival for your appointment, park in one of the designated parking spots if possible. There will be instructions on the parking spot sign directing you to TEXT ONLY 226-898-5582 . Include your first name and last name, pet’s name and your spot number. A veterinary team member will return the text and/or call you as soon as possible.
- We will call to discuss the reason for your pet’s visit from the comfort of your car, and then we will advise you to meet us with your pet to the designated pet drop off area at the front door. Please ensure your pet is on a secure leash or in a secure carrier
- Your pet will be taken into an examination room with a veterinarian. The veterinarian will call you at the desired number during the examination to discuss your pet’s health and plan. Note that the veterinarian may call from a cell phone, in which case the caller ID will say “private caller”.
- A ZOOM video call can be arranged in advance if you would like to have video in the exam room with the doctor and your pet.
- At the end of the appointment, you will be transferred to a Customer Service Representative who will take payment by VISA, Mastercard or VISA debit over the phone. A receipt will be printed or emailed to you.
- Your pet will be delivered back to you at the front door, with any necessary food or medication.
- For compassionate reasons, we will allow up to two family members to enter our hospital during euthanasias.
- We will ask you to complete the self assessment of Covid-19 symptoms prior to entering the hospital, sanitize your hands and wear a face covering. Face coverings will be supplied if you do not have one.
CURRENT PROCEDURE FOR CONTACTING US: Our phone lines have been extremely busy during this time and we appreciate that it is difficult to get through to us at times. We are doing our best to keep phone lines open by maximizing the use of email and online ordering.
- FOOD ORDERS: We encourage you to call in advance to ensure we have your food in stock. You can prepay and we will have your items ready for you for fast and easy curbside pickup. To contact us:
- MEDICATION ORDERING: Please allow 5-7 days for medication refills. If your refill is urgent, please let a team member know. To contact us:
- Email us at [email protected]tal.com
- Call us at 519-653-1003
- BOOKING APPOINTMENTS: Appointment volume is very high at this time. We encourage you to book routine health appointments well in advance.
- Visit our website and click the “request an appointment” button for non-urgent appointment requests at gatewaypethospital.com
- Email us at [email protected]
- For all urgent appointment needs, call us at 519-653-1003
- SPEAKING WITH A TEAM MEMBER: If you need to speak with one of our team members about your pets health, please be aware that we are experiencing a very high number of appointments and calls at this time. It may take 24-48 hours or more to respond to non-urgent questions. Please inform a team member if your request is urgent
- Call us at 519-653-1003
- Email us at [email protected]
CURRENT PROCEDURE FOR FOOD AND MEDICATION PICKUP
- PRE-ORDER AND PRE-PAY FOR ITEMS: As per the procedure above, call us or email us, or visit our online webstore in advance to ensure we have your items ready for you on arrival. If you are able to pre-pay for your item, it will also make pickup more efficient.
- CALL ON ARRIVAL: On arrival for your “pick-up”, park in one of the designated parking spots if possible. There will be instructions on the parking spot sign directing you to CALL 519-653-1003 to let us know you have arrived for pickup, and what spot you are in.
- WE WILL BRING YOUR ITEMS OUT: We will deliver your items to the bench or table just outside our front door. However, please inform us if you would prefer us to deliver it right to your car!